WHEN DO YOU NEED DENTAL IMPLANTS?
What are dental implants?
How do dental implants work?
Why is it important to replace missing teeth?
- To regain the health and beauty of your mouth
- You can go back to eating whatever you want, whenever you want
- It’s simple, painless, safe, and looks as natural as your real teeth were
What is the cost?
A good candidate should have the following:
- Healthy gums
- Enough bone to anchor the implants in the jaw: some people who have bone loss still can get implants, but first the bone must be rebuilt using special procedures
- A commitment to care of the implanted teeth and surrounding gums: daily brushing and flossing are essential as well as regular visits to the dentist for follow-up
Some people may not be good candidates for implants. They include:
- Young people whose jawbones have not stopped growing
- Pregnant women
- Heavy smokers: smoking hinders healing in the mouth. It can reduce the likelihood of a successful implant.
- Alcohol or substance abusers who are not prepared to follow the dentist’s instructions after placement of the implant, such as no smoking, and returning for follow-up
- People with various chronic diseases and/or systemic problems
As always our doctors make the final determination if the individual is a good candidate for an implant. Your initial evaluation will include an examination of your mouth and teeth and a thorough review of your medical and dental histories. Various X-Rays scans of your mouth. This will provide information on the amount of bone in your jaw, its shape and where the nerves and sinuses are. Finally, Our dentists will discuss the options available to you, its cost and possible complications and post operative care. Our dentist will work with you to develop a treatment plan for your needs and preferences.
Implant therapy in Albany Dental involves a team of 2 doctors; an Oral Surgeon or Implant Specialist who will surgically place the implant(s), and a Restorative Dentist that makes the crowns, bridges, and dentures that the implant or implants will support.
We at Albany Dental, offer a free consultation to see if you qualify for an implant. Our doctors, have placed and restored hundreds if not thousands of implants, so rest assured, you will be with the best professionals in the business.
COMPLIMENTARY CONSULTATION EXAM & XRAY