Periodontal, Gum Disease Treatments in Albany, NY
Albany Periodontics offer advanced techniques in diagnosing and treating periodontal conditions such as bleeding gums, loose teeth, receding gums, bone loss, bad breath, jaw pain. A highly qualified periodontists in Albany can determine the best course of periodontal treatment including:
- Laser gum treatment. We use laser to remove infected tissue around your gums. This virtually painless laser therapy procedure in Albany may reveal the roots of some teeth, which then are exposed for scaling. Laser gum treatments require less downtime and you don’t need any anesthesia.
- Scaling and planing. Your Albany periodontist uses ultrasonic tools to remove the hardened calculus from the exposed roots. Planing is the process of smoothing out the rough edges, making it more difficult for bacteria to adhere to gum pockets.
- Gum grafts. When bone and gum tissue have been destroyed, your periodontist may advise you to undergo guided tissue regeneration through the insertion of regenerative substances that encourage your body to naturally rebuild your gums. Alternatively, periodontist in Albany may do gum graft onto the exposed roots.
- Bone graft. Bone taken from another part of your body or from another donor is used to build up your jaw after it’s been worn away from persistent, unchecked periodontal disease. Bone grafts for deep pockets of bone loss may take as long as three to six months to fully heal.
- Dental implants. Dental implant procedures performed by the best rated periodontist in Albany often prove to be the gold standard in tooth replacement. Albany Periodontics is proud to offer single or multiple implants through its Albany office.
- Tooth extraction. Sometimes, tooth removal is unavoidable. There are many different reasons that you might need to get a tooth pulled. Tooth extractions are common and typically performed with little or no pain involved. And you reduce your risk of side effects when you rely on the professional team of dental experts at Albany Dental.