If you’ve had difficulty in the past adjusting to dentures, then you’re definitely going to want to check out the latest developments in dental prosthesis. Flexible dentures are far lighter and easier to adjust. Get rid of the adhesives, talk confidently and show off a winning smile with no reservations with partial or full-mouth flexible dentures! The newest technology is available now at Albany County Dental Associates.
The newest technologies in tooth replacement ensure that losing your teeth doesn’t mean you have to spend the rest of your life hiding your smile. Whether your tooth loss is the result of injury or disease, your cosmetic dentist at Albany County Dental Associates can help you find the solution that’s the best fit for your lifestyle and your budget.
Flexible dentures are a lighter, better-fitting, more durable alternative to older and bulkier styles of dentures. These innovative dentures usually don’t require any additional clasping mechanism to hold them in place. They have the unique ability to flex themselves to the contours of your mouth. The days of uncomfortable and ill-fitting dentures are behind you.
According to Dentures.org: “Flexible partial dentures are an excellent solution for many patients, who find they cannot tolerate normal types of denture. Flexible dentures adjust to the shape of the mouth, meaning they fit properly and prevent discomfort and pain associated with loosely fitting dentures. You won’t have to worry about your dentures coming loose and you won’t experience any pain or discomfort, and your speech will also remain clear.”
What Are the Other Advantages of Flexible Dentures?
Traditional dentures are made of a variety of materials. The end result can be awkward to wear and prone to your teeth shifting around. Having traditional dentures also means you have to use adhesives or teach yourself how to hold them in the proper position with your tongue and cheek. Improperly fitted or inadequately adjusted old dentures can lead to irritation and even cause sores on your gums.
Flexible dentures have several benefits over outdated dentures. Some of the benefits and advantages of the newer denture options offered by your Albany-area cosmetic family dentist include:
- Soft and flexible feel
- More comfortable fit
- Material that won’t warp
- Material that never becomes brittle
- Allowing you to chew more efficiently
- Translucent materials show your gums for a much more natural appearance
Durability and Comfort Prevail
And there’s a variety of styles, too. Regardless of the location or extent of your tooth loss, there’s a flexible denture option that’s right for your individual dental needs. For example:
- Flexible full dentures are the solution if you have total tooth loss or if it would be a better option for your oral health to pull your existing teeth. Full flexible dentures can even be secured with implants for the most secure fit possible.
- Flexible partial dentures are a virtually seamless solution for tooth loss in the most visible parts of your smile. The translucent synthetic gum material and variety of tooth colors produce results that go unnoticed. Flexible partial dentures cost less than traditional partials. And flexible partial dentures are also an excellent option if you’re experiencing bone or tissue loss.
- Flexible partial dentures for back teeth are a durable and functional treatment for molar loss. Flexible partial dentures for back teeth withstand stress and pressure far better than traditional dentures.
- Semi-flexible partial dentures are ideal if you have isolated tooth loss. If you are missing one or more teeth in the same location, semi-flexible partial dentures can span the gap between your natural teeth. The added flexibility effectively anchors the partial to your natural teeth, while still being strong enough to stand alone.
Since the cutting-edge materials are subjected to extreme pressure and high temperatures when they’re made, your custom fit dentures are denser. This makes them more resistant to stains and odors. According to experts at Polident, “Most flexible dentures are made of a thin thermoplastic, such as nylon, compared to the thicker, more rigid acrylic used in full dentures.” Improved fit and higher-impact strength combine to provide you with a quality, long-lasting dental prosthetic.
Tooth Loss Solutions for Everybody
In the past, dentures weren’t a viable option for everybody. Many who may have benefited from dentures couldn’t get them due to a myriad of dental concerns, including:
- Issues with shape irregularity of your mouth
- Allergies to any of the material in traditional dentures
- Difficulty when trying to open your mouth wide
You can now wear flexible dentures in comfort. And if you live in the Albany area, you have some of the leading dental care professionals ready to answer any questions you may have. Flexible full dentures pricing and flexible partial dentures cost are a lot more reasonable than you may think.
Your team of dental providers is dedicated to providing affordable dental care whenever possible. Most people swear that the benefits far outweigh the cost! And now that the lightest and most comfortable dentures are also the most durable, traditional dentures are officially old news. Contact Albany Dental for an evaluation.